Special times call for special measures. During this unprecedented time, Wortham Center for the Performing Arts remains committed to connecting artists and audiences by providing a series of outdoor events following state health guidelines and mass gathering restrictions.
Click here to learn about the saftey procedures we have in place. Missing your friends? Ask us about booking the entire event for your group for a private party.
If you are not comfortable venturing out yet, that’s ok. Take your time. We’ll be here when you’re ready.
Drive-Up Dance Performance at the Asheville Outlets
800 Brevard Road, Asheville, 28806
July 31-August 1, 2020
Experience an immersive dance performance from the comfort of your car at the Asheville Outlets. Drive-In passes are sold per car and include a parking space to enjoy the performance from inside your vehicle. Wearing of face-masks is required at any Wortham Center performance and event. All guests will be required to wear masks except when in personal vehicle.
Stewart/Owen Dance: What Remains
July 31 & August 1, 2020
Asheville Outlets - 800 Brevard Rd, Asheville, NC 28806
Stewart/Owen Dance website
“What Remains” is an exploration of new challenges facing contemporary dance performers in the wake of the COVID-19 pandemic. Choreographic team Vanessa Owen & Gavin Stewart are joined by four local dancers donning masks, gloves, knee pads, and sneakers. Music will be performed live by experimental pop musicians, Douglas Carr and Colston Byrd, who produce hypnotic electronic soundscapes. Together they take to the pavement at the Asheville Outlets in this athletic, socially-distanced dance work. Each performance offers a unique combination of rehearsed dance and music, intermixed with moments left to chance.
- All guests will enter through a wellness checkpoint with temperature checks, receive hand sanitizer and a mask if they did not bring one.
- Wearing of face-masks is required at any Wortham Center performance and event. All guests will be required to wear masks except when eating or drinking.
- Seating areas will be safely distanced from individual parties.
- Wortham staff and volunteers will monitor compliance of facial coverings, safe spacing and movement throughout the event.
- Artists will be stationed at least ten feet from any guests.
- Contactless ticketing and drink ordering will be emphasized. No cash will be accepted.