A Swannanoa Solstice
December 20, 2020
2pm live show; 7pm streamed
Diana Wortham Theatre
In 2020, A Swannanoa Solstice celebrates 18 years of delighting Western North Carolina audiences with a world-class display of folk, ushering in the winter season and drawing in more fans each and every year. A beloved local holiday tradition, A Swannanoa Solstice welcomes renowned multi-instrumentalist Robin Bullock and Grammy-winner David Holt to the stage, along with special guests Ellie Grace, Doug Orr, Phil Jamison, E.J. Jones, and — joining the lineup for the first time — renowned Madison County fiddler, Josh Goforth. These creative, charismatic musicians perform a mix of Celtic, American-roots and world-influenced music to dazzle audiences during the annual event, reflecting the heritage of the hills and spreading a peaceful, united and uplifting message perfect for the holiday season.
- Robin Bullock, Celtic/American string wizard
- David Holt, Grammy Award-winning musician, storyteller, historian and radio and television host
- Josh Goforth, renowned fiddler
- E.J. Jones, Highland bagpiper — and the Piper Jones Band
- Phil Jamison, nationally acclaimed flatfoot dancer
- Ellie Grace, percussive dancer, singer and instrumentalist
- Host Doug Orr, president emeritus of Warren Wilson College and founder of The Swannanoa Gathering
Available at 7pm on December 20
and accessible to watch through December 31
An e-ticket containing the performance video link will be attached to your ticket confirmation email following purchase.