Student Series Group Reservations
The Wortham Center for the Performing Arts’ popular Student Series features high quality, curriculum-related performances by professional, nationally touring companies. The Student Series is open to school groups, homeschoolers, community groups, and families.
To make a reservation by completing the 22/23 Student Series Reservation Form:
- Adobe Acrobat: Download the form below, complete using Adobe Acrobat and save; email the completed form to email@example.com.
- Complete online: Open the form in your browser, complete the form, then click the Download arrow in the upper right and choose “With your changes” to save the completed form to your computer. Email the saved form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Download and save the blank form to your computer, print out and complete, then scan/email to email@example.com, or mail to: Wortham Center for the Performing Arts, Attn: Student Series, 18 Biltmore Ave., Asheville, NC 28801.
Tickets: $12 each for individuals / $11 for groups of 11 or more
Groups of 11 or more: 1 free teacher ticket per every 10 students. Deposit of $1 per ticket required for groups. Need-based scholarships available.
Reservations for all events for students, teachers and families will be accepted beginning August 3, 2022.
Reservations for groups (11 people or more) can be made by completing the Student Series Reservation Form or calling the box office at 828-257-4530, ext. 1.
Reservations for individuals (10 people or less) may be made by calling the box office at 828-257-4530, ext. 1, by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or by completing the Student Series Reservation Form.
Student Series Policies
- Groups of 10 or fewer people are required to pay in full at the time of reservation.
- Groups of 11 or more people are required to pay in full 3 weeks prior to the performance. A $1.00 per student non-refundable deposit is due at the time of reservation. Deposit amounts will be applied to the remaining balance. Teachers receive 1 free seat for every 10 paid seats. (The complimentary ticket is intended for teachers within a large group only and does not apply to other chaperones or parents attending with your group.) All others pay the listed student price. If payment is not received by your due date, the Wortham Center reserves the right to release your seats to schools on the waiting list. No refunds are offered after the due date except in the case of a snow day*.
Appropriate Age/Grade/Developmental Levels
When possible, an age or grade recommendation is listed. These guidelines are based on information about the show provided by the producing company. The final decision about appropriateness is left up to the teacher or guardian. Your students should be able to sit for the duration of the performance and enjoy it without disruption to the artists or other audience members. Please note that children under 2 years of age are not permitted at the Student Series.
The contact person listed on the Student Series group reservation form is responsible for communicating the Wortham Center’s policies, and in follow up emails or calls from the Wortham Center, to all adults and children in their group.
Plan to arrive and check in at the center at least a half hour prior to the start of the performance. Tardy arrivals may cause the performance to start late and, consequently, may delay your return to school. If you are running late, please call the Box Office at 828-257-4530 to let us know when to expect you.
Bus Parking + Drop Off
Please see this map of free bus parking as designated by the City of Asheville. Bus parking in the City is filled on a first-come, first-served basis. If a bus driver plans to attend the performance, they need to arrive with enough time to drop off, park the bus, and walk back to the Wortham Center.
Students may be dropped off with a chaperone under the Wortham Center marquee at 18 Biltmore Ave. We strongly encourage additional chaperones in addition to a bus driver. If this is not possible, please let the box office know when you reserve your tickets.
Please contact the Wortham Center Box Office with questions: 828-257-4530, ext. 1 or email@example.com.
There are numerous parking options for those attending events at the Wortham Center, including parking decks, surface lots and metered on-street parking. Click here for more information.
Student Series seating is not assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Every effort is made to place groups in the best possible seats and to keep groups as consolidated as possible. (Seating assignments take some creativity and hard work – it’s a big puzzle!) Wortham Staff cannot seat or move groups upon their request, and the theatre does not offer refunds in the case that you are unsatisfied with your seats. In some cases, public performances of the same show are offered in the evenings. At these shows, you many choose your seats when you purchase your tickets through the box office.
The Wortham Center for the Performing Arts is fully accessible with an elevator and several seating spaces for wheelchairs in each venue. Audio loop technology is available in the Diana Wortham Theatre for the hearing impaired. It is imperative that teachers inform management of any special needs when you make your reservation.
Teachers, parents and other chaperones are responsible for student behavior while at Wortham Center. An appropriate number of adults must attend students at all times. Live performances are fun! Laughter, clapping and audience participation are encouraged when appropriate. However, students who are disruptive will be escorted to the lobby by an usher or by theatre management. No refund will be offered to these students.
Theatre etiquette guidelines are outlined in our Guide to the Wortham Center.
*In Case of Snow
If you are scheduled to come to the Wortham Center during the winter months, your contract may list a snow date. If your school is canceled and you have a snow date in your contract, all monies and contractual obligations will be transferred to that date. If a snow date is not offered and school is cancelled in your district, your money, including deposit, will be refunded minus a $25 registration fee. Home school groups are subject to the snow days called in their district.
Need more information? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 828-257-4530 ext. 1.