The Wortham Center for the Performing Arts is located in the heart of downtown Asheville — its entrance marked by the marquee at 18 Biltmore Avenue. Patrons enter through the breezeway and into a large, lighted courtyard, leading to the center’s lower lobby and box office.
Regular Box Office Hours
- Monday: Closed
- Tuesday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 1 hour before a performance
- Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 1 hour before a performance
- Thursday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 1 hour before a performance
- Friday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. and 1 hour before a performance
- Saturday & Sunday (no scheduled performance): Closed
- Saturday & Sunday (scheduled performance): 1 Hour Before Performance
The lobby doors and box office open 1 hour prior to scheduled performance times. The venue doors generally open for seating 30 minutes before the performance begins.
Tickets may be purchased:
- IN PERSON at the box office during regular hours. A $3 building operations fee per ticket will be applied.
- BY PHONE at 828-257-4530 during regular hours. A $4.50 processing fee per order and a $3 building operations fee per ticket will be applied. Tickets will be held at will-call or e-mailed, or tickets can be mailed to the patron for an additional $1 fee.
- BY MAIL to Wortham Center Box Office, 18 Biltmore Ave., Asheville, NC 28801. A $3 building operations fee per ticket and an additional $1 for mailing will be applied.
- ONLINE at www.worthamarts.org. A $3 building operations fee and processing fees apply per ticket.
On all ticket purchases, 7% NC sales tax will be applied.
Tickets purchased in-person through the box office can be paid by cash, check, MasterCard, Visa or American Express. Phone orders and online sales are by credit card only.
Student Rush Tickets
The Wortham Center offers $10 plus tax day-of-show student rush tickets for performances in the Wortham Center Presents series, based on ticket availability. Full time, matriculating students are eligible for student rush and can call the box office after noon on the day of a performance to find out if student rush tickets are available. Students must visit the box office in person after noon on the day of a performance and present a valid school I.D. to purchase student rush tickets.
- All sales are final. Tickets are nonrefundable with the exception of COVID-related circumstances. Click here to read about special COVID-19 policies and procedures.
- Exchanges can be made within the Wortham Center Presents series only or within the same event for a different performance. Returned tickets for donation can be made within the Wortham Center Presents series only. Arrangements for exchanges and returns for donation must be made at least 48 hours prior to the scheduled event/performance, with the exception of COVID-related circumstances.
- Please note that the content of the show is owned and dictated by the performer and not by the Wortham Center for the Performing Arts. No refunds will be issued based on show content or artist expression.
- The Wortham Center strictly prohibits ticket scalping and the resale of tickets on the premises. Furthermore, the Wortham Center for the Performing Arts Box Office is the ONLY official ticketing provider for events at the Wortham Center’s venues: Diana Wortham Theatre, Tina McGuire Theatre and Henry LaBrun Studio. Tickets obtained from other unauthorized sources may be stolen, counterfeit or invalid due to payment issues and will not be honored. Tickets purchased from other sources are often greatly inflated in price and are not eligible for assistance if tickets are ever lost or stolen or if the event is canceled or rescheduled. The Wortham Center is not responsible for tickets purchased from other sources.
Standard Theatre Policies
For the safety and enjoyment of all patrons and artists:
- Please arrive on time. Latecomers will be seated at the discretion of management.
- Cell phone use, photography and recording devices of any kind are prohibited during events.
- Babies and children under 2 years of age are not permitted at performances.
- If you bring a child older than 2 years, please make theatre etiquette a part of the experience.
- Please avoid heavy perfumes and colognes.
- If you must leave your seat during the show, please do so as quietly as possible.
- Smoking and vaping are prohibited at the Wortham Center, including in the courtyards.
Box Office Inquiries
For questions and concerts regarding ticket purchases, online ordering, or theatre policies, please call 828-257-4530 ext. 1 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.