Support Arts for All Kids
Remember going to a live performance as a child? The excitement of the theatre, the colorful costumes, the anticipation of the next scene? What about the joy of taking a dance class, singing, learning to play an instrument, or performing in a play?
Children who learn through the arts develop self-confidence, creative problem-solving skills, empathy for others and a broader understanding of the world around them.
All children should have a chance to learn through the arts. Unfortunately, many children grow up without this opportunity. School funding for the arts is increasingly limited, and many families cannot afford the cost of tickets, classes or camps. Arts for All Kids, funded by corporate, foundation and individual donors, provides scholarships for economically disadvantaged students to benefit from arts programming at the Wortham.
You can make it possible for all kids in our community to experience the wonder of the performing arts.
Your donation to Arts for All Kids can:
- Fund a child’s trip to a performance
- Help a young student attend a community or in-school workshop
- Provide kids with scholarships to attend classes and camps
Your support directly impacts kids!
- $50 allows 5 children to see a performance
- $100 provides 1 week of supplies for summer campers
- $200 sends 2 professional artists into local classrooms
- $300 sends 1 child to camp for free
- $500 supports 2 free workshops for children at the Wortham Center
- $1000 allows 3 classrooms to attend a Student Series show