The Wortham Center offers full-time, part-time, seasonal, and internship opportunities across many arts and operational disciplines. Current available positions are listed below with instructions on how to apply.
Teaching Artist – Summer 2023
The Wortham Center for the Performing Arts seeks a Teaching Artist for creative and performing arts summer camps running four weeks, July 10 – August 4, Monday through Friday for children ages 6-13. This Teaching Artist will work directly with the Wortham’s Education Director and a small team of Wortham Educators to facilitate age-appropriate arts programs in theatre, movement, dance, design, and more.
Key Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead classes in theatre, acting, creative movement, dance, music, or design. (The curriculum will be built based on the strengths of the Teaching Artist.)
- Maintain a classroom environment that is conducive to promoting learning.
- Keep classroom activities and assigned materials engaging, age-appropriate, and fit to the diverse needs of students.
- Collaborate with the Director of Education to create and implement camp material and lesson plans.
To apply, please submit a resume and relevant materials to Director of Education and Engagement Anna Kimmell at firstname.lastname@example.org. Use “Teaching Artist” in the subject line.
Education Interns – Summer 2023
Wortham Center for the Performing Arts seeks a small team of local interns ages 16+ who are excited to gain hands-on theatre experience. Summer Education Interns will work with Wortham Educators for four weeks of creative and performing arts day camps running M-F, July 10 – August 4, for artists ages 6 – 13.
Summer Interns will work alongside professional teaching artists, develop leadership, organizational, and interpersonal skills, expand their professional network, and gain confidence in the classroom.
To apply, please fill out this online form. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
The Wortham Center for Performing Arts is seeking freelance technicians to support the upcoming 2022/2023 season of events in the Diana Wortham Theatre, Tina McGuire Theatre and Henry LaBrun Studio.
Hourly, part-time positions are available throughout the year, with variable hours based on event schedules. The Wortham offers a supportive and well-equipped environment for artists to fulfill their vision and allow technicians to perform in a professional and safe environment.
Technicians are required to:
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Maintain effective audio-visual discrimination and perception.
- Maintain physical condition appropriate to the performance of assigned duties and responsibilities, which may including but are not limited to: walking, standing, or sitting for extended periods of time; lifting, stooping, climbing, bending, and carrying heavy materials; operating assigned equipment; and handling varied tasks simultaneously.
To apply, submit a cover letter, current resume and references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Theatre Technician” as the subject line. No calls or drop ins.
The custodial staff is part of a dynamic team advancing the mission of the Wortham Center for the Performing Arts by maintain a clean and pleasant space for our vibrant community of artists, students, and patrons.
Custodians perform a variety of duties including the care and cleaning of performances spaces, lobby, facilities and other building areas. Work is repetitive in nature, requiring efficient performance of simple and heavy-duty building cleaning and maintenance duties. Work is performed under general supervision and is reviewed through inspection of completed tasks.
This is an hourly, part-time position with a minimum of 21-29 hours per week. The position will remain open until filled. Wortham Center for the Performing Arts offers competitive pay and a pleasant work environment.
To apply, email resume and references to Jeanette Houston at email@example.com. Please indicate in the subject line: “Custodial.”
Wortham Center Internship Program
Arts administration and theatre production internship opportunities are available throughout the year at the Wortham Center for the Performing Arts. Internships are best suited for local college or upper high school students who seek hands-on experience in the field and/or class credit. Unless otherwise specified, internships are unpaid. Complete the internship application below. Contact Anna Kimmell at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.