COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
In an effort to reduce exposure to COVID-19 for patrons, artists and staff alike, the Wortham Center for the Performing Arts is taking every precaution to make it simple and safe for you to return to live performances this year.
- Masks, covering the nose and the mouth, must be worn within the theatres.
- Surface disinfection with an electrostatic sprayer, using EPA-approved, food-safe biocide — designed to kill coronavirus on surfaces within minutes.
- Upgrades to HVAC systems, including increased filtration and a new air purification system using needlepoint bipolar ionization technology to create safe, clean indoor spaces and eliminating 99.4 percent of airborne SARS-COVID virus particles.
- Continued adherence to guidance from the CDC, state and local agencies to protect the health of audiences and artists.
Thank you for your patience and understanding as we make every effort to provide you with an enjoyable experience while keeping you as safe as possible.
COVID-19 Ticket Policy
The Wortham Center has adopted a temporary ticket policy for those who have tickets to upcoming performances. You may:
- Do nothing. Your tickets will be automatically transferred to the rescheduled date.
- Request a credit* to your account for a future performance.
- Convert your ticket purchase to a donation to the Wortham Center.
- Request a refund** for your ticket purchase.
*Credits: All account credits created between March 13, 2020 and December 31, 2020 must be used by June 30, 2023. Any account credits not used by this date will expire.
**Refunds: If you would like to request a refund for tickets for a rescheduled event, the refund request must be processed through our box office.
Standard ticketing policy
No later than 48 hours before show time, you may exchange your tickets for another event in the Wortham Center Presents season, turn your tickets in for account credit to be used toward another Wortham Center Presents event, or donate your tickets to the Wortham Center. Visit the Box Office page for the Wortham’s standard ticketing and theatre policies.
Should you have any questions or need clarification, please don’t hesitate to contact the box office by emailing email@example.com or by calling 828-257-4530.